I had the honor of sharing my experience and thoughts with the Lake Forest College Collegiate Chapter of the American Marketing Association as they prepare for careers as marketers.
The job market continues to work toward pre-COVID levels.
- Hospitality and Leisure is coming back strong
- Digital Marketing Specialists and Content Marketers are in demand
- Data Scientists command the highest salaries (think of marketers as data driven revenue influencers).
Marketing needs left and right brain thinkers. The #HybridMarketer:
- Is the marketer for an omnichannel world
- Has depth in 3-5 disciplines
- Is left brain or right brain (or both?)
- Combines inbound and outbound
- Uses an agile approach to work
- Uses technology for quality and quantity
- Is a data driven revenue influencer.
Good luck to all grads this year!
Thank you Mishell Goldina, Emily Mosher and @LifeWorkingCoWorking!